Yesterday was my twenty-ninth birthday.
The year that I say arrivederci to my twenties.
I love celebrating birthdays - mine, as well as everyone that I care for. They're filled with love, joy, CAKE, hope, and fun!
But, I wanted to start my year off with an attitude of gratitude. Thankfulness for another year is overflowing from my heart, so I decided to make a list of 29 things that I am overwhelmingly grateful for.
1. Jesus. - Can't say enough about His goodness and faithfulness.
2. Monty and LeLe. - my INCREDIBLE parents.
3. My amazing friendships. - too many to count!
4. My family. - crazy cousins, fun aunts and uncles, and loving grandparents
5. My job. - make that money, honey!
6. My church. - I've grown so much from being planted in the House.
7. Life Group! - My peeps! Love doing life with them.
8. My passport. - I can't wait to fill it up even more this year!
9. My blog. - The Joyfull Now has been such a fun, exciting, and wonderful experience. #LOVE
10. My mentors. - I have some fabulous women who are pouring into my life. I am grateful!
11. Music. - There is a song for every mood, day, and season. Music is in my soul, y'all.
12. Open Doors. - God has opened some crazy doors for me, in life + leadership. Stay tuned!
13. The internet. - I like information. And knowing things, And being able to find it quickly
14. My freedom. - I constantly take it for granted and hope to never lose it.
15. My influence. - Whether I like it or not, God has given me influence and I'm embracing it.
16. My senses. - I love to be able to see, hear, taste, touch, and smell the world around me.
17. Beyoncé. - the Queen. She truly inspires me so much.
18. Clean Water. - truly, a luxury that is so often overlooked.
19. Handwritten Mail. - because NO one writes letters anymore. I love getting thoughtful mail.
20. Brunch. - my favorite time of day, all. year. round.
21. Passion. - I've discovered that my passion is to write. And, I'm living it :)
22. My Accountability Partners. - the people who KNOW me enough to NO me.
23. The League. - I LOVE my gym and my gym family. My trainer, Terry, is the bomb!
24. Texas. - My heart will always be here, no matter where I go.
25. Peace. - Until you lose it, you don't know how to fully appreciate it.
26. Sleep. - Usually, I'm an early riser, but I'm becoming a late sleeper in my 'old age.' It's lovely.
27. Health. - it really and true is wealth, y'all.
28. Favor of God. - Don't know how or even why, but I am overflowing with the Christ's favor.
29. My future husband. - I know we are about to meet very soon, and I have believed for you, prayed for you, and interceded for you. #YearOfYes
I'm choosing to walk out a life of gratitude this year. Daily, I'm going to make the choice to be thankful....even when it's REALLY hard. And y'all better hold me to it.
This is MY year.